- Donate to The Johns Hopkins Children Center - December 11, 2014
- Protect Yourself When Making Online Purchases - December 5, 2014
- Holiday Gift Ideas - November 28, 2014
- Need Extra Money for the Holidays? - November 24, 2014
- Create a Savings Plan - November 24, 2104
- Need Money For...? - November 3, 2014
- Good Financial Habits = Financial Well-Being - September 29, 2014
- IRA Rollover Change - September 22, 2014
- Guaranteed Auto Protection (GAP PLUS) Enhancement! - August 27, 2014
- New Service - CU Auto Club! - August 19, 2014
- Security Warning: Text Message Scam - August 19, 2014
- Searching For A New Or Used Vehicle? - August 7, 2014
Financial Statistics as of November 30th, 2014
Donate to The Johns Hopkins Children Center
LM Federal Credit Union has kicked off our annual fund raising drive to support the Johns Hopkins Children's Center, which is consistently rated among the top pediatric hospitals in the nation. Donations are used to find cures, improve facilities, train the next generation of pediatricians and scientists, and comfort the children and their parents
To make a donation visit the office or call an MSR at 800-410-0501.
LM Federal will make a one dollar matching donation for every member donation made!
To learn more about Johns Hopkins Children Center please visit www.hopkinschildrens.org
Protect Yourself When Making Online Purchases!
NEVER PROVIDE YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER - As a general rule, it's never necessary to provide your SSN when making an online purchase.
RESEARCH THE WEBSITE BEFORE ORDERING - Use only reputable sites you know or have found using a widely used search engine. If you don't know much about the merchant, check the Better Business Bureau website: bbb.org.
ONLY SHOP SECURE WEBSITES - See if the site address begins with "https" where the "s" means the site is secure. Another website indicator; a closed lock located at the bottom of your screen.
DON'T GIVE OUT TOO MUCH INFORMATION - When placing an order online, read the merchant's online privacy and security policies. Make sure you know where your personal information is going and opt out if possible.
WATCH OUT FOR HIGH SHIPPING CHARGES - Some merchants add on 10% to 15% of the product cost, which can make a great deal not so great.
PRINT AND KEEP RECEIPTS - Keep receipts organized and easy to access in case a product problem should arise.
Source: State of Michigan Attorney General's Office
We have great gift ideas this 2014 holiday season..
Having a hard time finding the perfect gift?
VISA Gift Cards: The perfect gift— exactly what they’ve always wanted,without knowing exactly what that is! Available in amounts of $10 to $500 and can be used anywhere VISA is accepted in the US.
Discount Movie Passes: Have a movie buff in the family? Passes, which never expire, are available for AMC and Regal theaters. Save up to $2.50 per ticket!
Discount National Aquarium Tickets: Save up to $4 on admission to the Baltimore Inner Harbor location.
Need Extra Money For The Holidays?
Personal & Holiday Shopping Loans Available!
- Approvals are given within an hour!
- Rates are as low as 8.89% Annual Percentage Rate*
- The minimum loan is only $300.00
- Loans are available to those with good and less than perfect credit histories.
- Apply online at lmfcu.com, in-person or telephone.
*Rates are based on the member’s credit score - rate quoted assumes a credit score of 730+. automatic repayment and the lmfcu.com application discount. Credit and other restrictions apply.
Create a Savings Plan!
- Create and review your income and expense budget with your family. Determine how much you can afford to save
- Determine your savings goal: home purchase, retirement, tuition expenses, home improvements,auto purchase etc. We recommend savings that equals at least six months of living expenses.
- Live within your means - adjust your spending as needed. Avoid the temptation of credit cards for impulse purchases.
- Setup automatic savings deposits: with convenient payroll deductions at work, scheduled online banking transfers or have LMFCU setup automatic monthly or weekly account transfers
- Contact a LMFCU New Account Representative to discuss savings and IRA options: 800.410.0501.
Need Money For....?
We have a loan for you!
- You may apply for a loan online, by telephone or in-person.
- Loans are typically approved within 2-hours or by the next business morning.
- Loan agreements may be signed by secure e-signature using your PC, tablet, smart phone or other device.
- New loans are disbursed by Federal Express or electronic transfer.
- Home equity loans are settled at our office or at a location convenient to you.
Questions? Visit lmfcu.com or call 800-410-0501.
Good Financial Habits = Financial Well-Being
Living paycheck-to-paycheck? Don't have a budget? Read this helpful Consumer Credit Service of MD & DE article that will help you put together a plan to achieve your life long financial goals.
If you are considering rolling over your IRA assets to an existing or new IRA, you need to be aware of an upcoming change that will affect IRA rollovers. The IRS is changing its interpretation of the one per 12 month rule following a recent U.S. Tax Court ruling. With the new IRS interpretation, effective January 1, 2015, you may roll over only one IRA distribution in any 12-month period, regardless of how many IRA’s you own. Before deciding on rolling over an IRA distribution please consult with a knowledgeable tax advisor. Contact a New Accounts Specialist for additional IRA information.
Guaranteed Auto Protection (GAP) Enhancement!
GAP Plus is the protection that we offer should your vehicle be declared a total loss due to an accident, damage or theft. If your vehicle insurance company pays you less than you owe on your loan, GAP Plus will cover the difference owed. For example, if your insurance company pays $13,000 (after your deductible) and your loan balance is $15,500, GAP will cover the $2,500 difference owed on your loan.
Exciting news!! Our GAP coverage, just got better!! Now with our GAP Plus coverage, you still receive all the benefits and features associated with our old GAP coverage, but with one HUGE addition. In the event that your car is totaled, you will receive a $1000 deduction toward your next vehicle loan at LMFCU if financed within 90 days of the GAP Claim Settlement.
GAP PLUS is available when your finance with LMFCU for only $329 for auto and truck purchases.
Click here for additional information about LMFCU vehicle loan services
New Service - CU Auto Club!
LM Federal Credit Union now offers Credit Union Auto Club, a roadside assistance program created exclusively for Credit Union members and provides unparalleled service and unprecedented value. Credit Union Auto Club offers a wide range of roadside assistance services and other travel-related benefits to keep you on the road. The CU Auto Club professional customer service team is just a phone call away and ready and waiting to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. They’re always there when you need them. During the enrollment process, "Choose Your Credit Union"
Select: Maryland and LM Federal Credit Union - 6039 as the branch.
Security Warning: Text Message Scam
We were recently notified of a phishing text message scam apparently claiming to be a "Credit Union Bank alert." Should you receive a text message indicating that your card had been de-activated or suspended, please disregard this message. The Credit Union will never ask you for your card number or any other account information in an unsolicited phone call, email or text message.
If you have inadvertently responded to this text message and entered your account information, please contact a Member Service Representative and we will assist you with securing your account.
Searching For A New Or Used Vehicle?
Don’t Forget to Check Out AutoSMART
- View inventory from auto dealers throughout the U.S.
- Ability to request a quote on a specific new or used vehicle.(The quote is sent to multiple dealerships)
- Build your own new vehicle and request a price quote.
- Ability to perform a side-by-side comparison of several vehicles.
- Updated JD Power ratings and vehicle reviews
- New and used vehicle pricing.
- Vehicle specifications, warranty, recalls & technical service bulletins.
- Integrated Credit Union loan rates, lending program information and our online loan application.
- Extensive credit & credit score tips, financial calculators & advice.
- Easy access through the web or on your smart phone with the AutoSMART mobile app.
Get A Great Vehicle With Enterprise Car Sales
Buying a used car or truck can save you money because a new car experiences its greatest loss in value within the first 12 to 18 months. A used car can have a lower purchase price with lower monthly payments.
Millions of used rental cars are sold annually in the U.S. Many were passed directly to auctions and on to used car dealerships. However, Enterprise selects tens of thousands or vehicles for their own car resale business. These used cars represent the "cream of the crop" and are often considered some of the best used cars on the market. Enterprise vehicles offer the following benefits:
- Great selection: The typical used car for sale is only one to two years old. Many makes & models are available.
- One owner: Enterprise has a commitment to expertly maintaining their vehicles
- Low mileage: Used rental cars often have less than 40,000 miles.
- Reasonable, no haggle prices: Vehicles sold by Enterprise Car Sales are offered at low prices, typically below retail value.
- 12-month/12,000 mile limited power train warranty*
- 7-Day Repurchase Agreement* Change your mind? Take it back!
- Vehicle Certification: Vehicles have passed a 109 point inspection by an ASE certified technician
- Free Carfax reports
Maryland Locations: Timonium (866) 832-0969, Glen Burnie (888) 287-6516, Lanham (888) 227-9289, Rockville (888) 227-9313
Click here to visit the Enterprise Car Sales website.
Used vehicles previously part of Enterprise short-term rental and lease fleet or purchase by Enterprise from other sources, including auto auctions, with previous use possibly short-term rental, lease or other.
* Restrictions apply, for details see an Enterprise Car Sales Manager.
Wanted: Member Feedback!
Have you had a great experience with LM Federal Credit Union that you would like to share? We love to hear how we're doing and appreciate all feedback from our members! Email us at email@example.com with your stories of our great member service.
Thank you for your membership & support!
LM Federal's Financial Statistics as of November 30th, 2014: