Never Use A Stamp Again: Internet Bill Pay is FREE!!!
View a demo of our Internet Bill Pay system by clicking here.
No more stamps. No more envelopes. No more bills all over the kitchen table! Internet Bill Pay puts you in control of your finances. LM Federal's safe and secure Internet Bill Pay service lets you pay bills, send money for birthdays and holidays, send checks of any purpose - on a one-time as well as a regular basis! It's convenient, easy to set up, and it's FREE! To sign up, please click here, or you may call or visit the Credit Union.
* LM Federal will pay any late fees or interest charges incurred if a payment is not received on-time, assuming that the payment was initiated at least 6 business days prior to the due date. Other restrictions apply.
-What is LM Federal's Internet Bill Payment?
LM Federal's Internet Bill Payment is a secure service provided to our members through the Internet, which allows members to pay for bills and other services from their LM Federal Checking account.
Specific transactions which can be performed through LM Federal's Internet Bill Payment include:
There is a service fee of $4.95 per month if you do not initiate at least 2 bill payments per month. Business checking accounts are subject to a monthly service fee for access to Internet Bill Pay.
Is it difficult to learn to use LM Federal's Internet Bill Payment?
If you were enrolled in LM Federal’s Online Banking service prior to the conversion to the new system on October 20, 2009, you do not have to enroll again. To access Internet Bill Pay, log in to Online Banking and click on the “Bill Pay” button.
If you have never been enrolled in LM Federal’s Internet Bill Pay service, there are two ways you can enroll.
1. Log in to Online Banking. Click on the “Bill Pay” button. The system will recognize that you are not currently enrolled and will ask if you would like to enroll now. Complete your information. Once your information has been submitted, an LM Federal representative will contact you to confirm your enrollment and will activate your access to the system. You will be required to sign an enrollment form before you can access Internet Bill Pay.
2. Complete and send in an enrollment form. You can print an enrollment form. You may drop off, mail, or fax this form. Once we receive it, you will be contacted by an LM Federal representative to confirm your enrollment. You can receive an enrollment form by downloading one from our website, visiting our office, or speaking to a Member Service Rep.
Once your access is establish, you have the option to add a new “Pay From” account. Please note that Pay From accounts may only be checking accounts. If you try to add a share account, money market account, or any other deposit account that is not a traditional checking account, it will be denied.
If you have a secondary checking account you may add this as a new Pay From account as long as the ownership is the same as your primary checking account. This can be a checking account on the same account number or under a different LM Federal account number. To add a new Pay From account, do the following:
- Click on “Options” on the top tool bar.
NOTE: The account type should always be “Checking”, all others will be denied. Account number should be the full checking account number, located on the bottom of your checks.
After submitting the necessary information, your new Pay From Account will be added with a status of “Awaiting Approval”. You will receive a notification in your message center when the account has been approved or denied for bill pay use. New Pay From accounts are usually approved within 2 business days.
When you are using LM Federal's Online Banking or Internet Bill Payment, you are using a secure site. LM Federal is committed to online technology and has taken steps to ensure that accessing your accounts via the Internet is safe and secure, by implementing state-of-the-art security standards.
The following security features are in place to ensure that your information is secure:
- In order to access Online Banking, we allow you to create your own Logon ID and Security Code . The Logon ID must be between 6-50 characters and may contain letters, numbers, periods, dashes, underscores and the @ symbol. The Security Code must be 8-16 characters, have at least two numbers and cannot include special characters. Online Banking installs a “Cookie” on your computer when you logon. If you or someone else logs in from a different computer, you will be prompted to answer a series of security questions to continue.
- Once you’re logged into Internet Bill Pay, a Security Key will appear momentarily on the upper left hand corner of the page. You create the Security Key the first time that you logon. This can be any word, such as “applesauce”. The purpose of the Security Key is so you know you are entering an authentic site and not a malicious or ‘spoofed’ site.
- Challenge Questions: When setting up any new payees or new accounts within Internet Bill Payment, you will be prompted to answer a challenge question.
These multiple layers of security make it more difficult for someone to access your account and initiate fraudulent transactions. Additionally, each user session is set up for a specific period of time; when it is exceeded the session times out. If your session times out, and you are not finished you will need to logon again. This reduces "the window of opportunity" for an unauthorized user to access your account information if you walk away from your computer without logging off.
The credit union is confident that offering your account access through Online Banking and Internet Bill Payment is safe and that your account information remains confidential, as long as you follow safe computing standards.
LM Federal strongly recommends that you use a secure browser with 128-bit, U.S. security level, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption for accessing Online Banking. We also recommend never sharing your logon credentials with anyone who is not an owner on your account. In addition, if you feel that you must write down your credentials, please keep them in a secure location.
LM Federal Credit Union is confident that we have taken all of the necessary security precautions to ensure that our internet account access service is secure and that your account information remains confidential. However, it is also your responsibility to play an active role in protecting the security of your accounts. Following are ways that you can protect yourself and your accounts:
Never share your Logon ID or Security Code with anyone - even family members. If you are the only one who knows your Logon ID and Security Code, you have protected your accounts against unauthorized access. AND REMEMBER, NO REPRESENTATIVE OF LM FEDERAL CREDIT UNION WILL EVER ASK YOU FOR YOUR LM FEDERAL ONLINE ACCOUNT LOGON ID, SECURITY CODE, OR ANSWERS TO YOUR SECURITY QUESTIONS.
We recommend that you change your Security Code on a regular basis; but you should always change your Security Code immediately if you think that your Security Code may have been compromised, and contact the credit union immediately. You may change your security code through our Online Banking system. To do so through Online Banking click on the Self Service tab, then navigate to Security Information and click on Change Security Code. You will then be prompted to enter your current security code along with what you want your new code to be.
Do not walk away from your computer in the middle of an active Online Banking OR Internet Bill Pay session. If you are logged on and walk away, anyone can sit down to your computer and have immediate access to your account(s). Always remember to log off when you are finished with your session and close your internet browser.
To use LM Federal's Online Banking and Internet Bill Pay service it is strongly recommended that you have a personal computer (PC) with a secure browser which supports 128-bit, U.S. security level, encryption. If you do not have a 128-bit, U.S. security level, encryption browser, then at a minimum you must have a compatible browser with 40-bit encryption or 128-bit international encryption. However, you should be aware that a 128-bit, U.S. security level, encryption browser is required to participate in LM Federal's Internet Bill Pay service.
Because LM Federal's Online Banking is accessed through the Internet you do not need any special software. It works with Microsoft Windows Explorer versions 9.0 and higher, Mozilla Firefox versions 27 and 28, and Safari versions 5.0 and higher.
It is recommended that your web browser is Internet Explorer version 9.0 or higher. You can download the most recent version of Internet Explorer for free at www.microsoft.com/windows/Internet-explorer/default.aspx.
Yes, you can use a Mac for accessing LM Federal's Online Banking and Internet Bill Pay services, provided you have a compatible browser. However, keep in mind that the size of your monitor, how you set your computer preferences and the type of browser that you use may affect how information is displayed on your screen.
What days and hours can I use LM Federal's Internet Bill Pay service?
There are several different methods that Internet Bill Pay transactions will post to your account and be sent. This is dependent on the type of transaction. Here’s a quick overview:
- Regular Bill Payments: You can request a bill to be processed today as long as you submit the request by 2:00 p.m. EST. The bill will be processed today, debited from your account and sent to the recipient on the next business day. The system will give you an estimated delivery time while you are scheduling your payment.
- Transfers: You can request a transfer to an account owned by you or someone else at another financial institution. These transfers are posted by ACH. If you submit the request by 2:00 p.m. EST, it will be processed today. Your account will be debited the next business day, and the recipient will receive credit on the second business day.
- Rush Payments, Gift Pay-e Checks, and Donation Checks: These transactions are all sent by a “Consumer Draft”. A Consumer Draft is a paper check drawn on your checking account with the Credit Union. Your account will not be debited until the check actually clears your account. If you need to request an image of the check, a stop payment, or any other information about the check itself, you would need to contact the Credit Union, not the Internet Bill Pay site. Because there are fees associated with all of these services, the fee will be posted to your account the next business day if you initiate the request by 2:00 p.m. EST. If you request a Rush Payment, the recipient will receive it on the next business day if you initiate the request by 2:00 p.m. EST and select Next Day service. The recipient will receive it on the second business day if you initiate the request by 2:00 p.m. EST and select 2-Day service. Gift Pay-e checks and Donation checks are sent in the regular US Postal Service mail the next business day if you initiate the request by 2:00 p.m. EST. Recipients will usually receive these types of payments in 2-3 days.
ACH stands for Automatic Clearing House. Just about all electronic transactions are ACH transactions, other than wires and card transactions. Many items go through ACH including debits and payroll deposits.
If you would like to cancel access to Internet Bill Payment, you must sign the enrollment form and check the box that says “I wish to cancel my access to Internet Bill Pay”. Send this form in by mail or by fax.
Before you can send funds to your account at another financial institution, you need to setup your account information. To do this, click on the “Transfer” button on the top toolbar. Click on “Add Transfer Account”. The site will walk you through the steps of setting up your account information at the other financial institution. Next you will have to Activate your account as a New Payee. Click on the “Activate Payee Now” button on the right. The site will walk you through the steps of activating the new payee.
Now that your account is setup, here are the steps to follow in order to send funds to your account at another financial institution:
You may transfer funds to another person’s account with LM Federal Credit Union using the Internet Bill Pay service. However, if you transfer funds using Internet Bill Pay, your account will be debited the next business day and the recipients account will be credited on the second business day if you initiate the request by 2:00 p.m. EST. It is much easier to transfer funds from one LM Federal account to another by visiting the office and speaking to a Member Service Rep or setting up cross account transfers. Both options deposits the funds immediately and they are readily available in the other account.
First, you will have to give your recipient a Key Word. The Key Word can be anything, for example, applesauce. We recommend telling the recipient the Key Word verbally over the phone, and not in an email that can be viewed by another person.
Next you must setup the recipient as a new Payee. To do this, follow these instructions:
Next you need to activate your new Payee. To do this, click on “Activate Payee Now” on the right. The screen will walk your through activating the payee.
At this point, an email is sent to the recipient. The recipient must click on the link in the email and enter some identifying information, including the Key Word (for example, applesauce). The recipient will then enter their bank’s information (routing number and account number). You will receive a notification in your message center once the recipient has submitted their information.
Now, you can schedule a transfer to the recipient. To do this, follow these steps:
Gift checks are a fun way to send a gift to someone for any occasion (birthday, wedding etc.). There is a fee for this service, which will be disclosed to you before you submit the payment. Here’s how you send a Gift Check:
How does the Rush Delivery work?
Rush payments are processed and sent the same day if you initiate the request by 2:00 p.m. EST. If you request a Rush Payment, the recipient will receive it on the next business day if you initiate the request by 2:00 p.m. EST and select Next Day service. The recipient will receive it on the second business day if you initiate the request by 2:00 p.m. EST and select 2-Day service.
Rush Payments, are sent by a “Consumer Draft”. A Consumer Draft is a check drawn on your checking account with the Credit Union. Your account will not be debited until the check actually clears your account. If you need to request an image of the check, a stop payment, or any other information about the check itself, you would need to contact the Credit Union, not the Internet Bill Pay site. Because there are fees associated with Rush Deliveries, the fee will be posted to your account the next business day if you initiate the request by 2:00 p.m. EST. The system will let you know what the fee is while you are scheduling the payment. Fees are dependent on the type of Rush Delivery you select.
How do I send a Donation to a charity?
You can send a donation to a number of pre-selected charities, or to a charity that you designate. If you are designating a charity not on the list, you must have the organizations name and full address. There is a fee for this service. The system will display the fee while you are scheduling the payment. Here’s how you send a Donation Check:
Can I Opt-Out of certain services?
By default, all accounts have access to all of the services available within Internet Bill Payment. You have the option to Opt-Out of service services. If you Opt-Out, you will not be able to use these services. You can choose to Opt-Out of the following services:
For security reasons, it’s not a bad idea to Opt-Out of some of these services if you think you will never need to use them. If you decide later on that you would like to use these services then you can always Opt-In. If you would like to Opt-Out of any of these services, complete the Internet Bill Payment Enrollment form. Select the services that you would like to Opt-Out or Opt-In. Sign the form and mail or fax it to the Credit Union.
Internet Bill Pay provides several options to transfer funds to another person or financial institution. If you know the recipient's checking account number and routing/transit number, you can set up a payment directly to that person within Internet Bill Payment (funds are transferred by direct deposit). If you don't know the recipient's checking account information you can still send a payment electronically if they have an e-mail address (an e-mail is sent to the recipient which requests the recipient to provide their checking account info).
You also have the option to have a regular check mailed to the recipient. Internet Bill Payment can also send a special occasion greeting card with an attached gift check. The greeting card, gift check and postage are provided for a small fee. Lastly, you may transfer funds to your account at another institution by using the transfer option within Internet Bill Payment. Funds are sent by direct deposit and are posted within two business days!